Schizy Inc Committee
Schizy Inc loves to hear from creative people with lived experience of ongoing mental health realities, to join the Schizy Inc peer and lived experience leadership community.
Learn skills in governance, workshop delivery, project and event management, improve lived experience advocacy in society and you belong to a fantastic innovative arts culture.
Membership requires people to act in accordance with a code of conduct.
Information for prospective members:
- venues are accessible and near train/tram in central Melbourne and on ZOOM
- voluntary (unpaid). However, expenses incurred in the course of a project can be reimbursed (upon committee approval)
- lived experience of a mental health condition
- able to engage in Schizy Inc's ethos of optimism
- need to have personal accountability for mental health (respecting the episodic nature of conditions).
- membership is not limited to people with schizophrenia.
- members need to actively practice a high level of diversity acceptance (LGBTQI+, cultural, spiritual etc)
- sense of humour encaouraged
- engagement or activity in the arts
- awareness of (or willingness to embrace) the 'social model of disability' especially around mental health
If this sounds like your thing, please get in touch. Be sure to include a bit of a background on your experience in the arts and why you'd like to become a Schizy Inc. member.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US VIA CONTACT PAGE.