Schizy Inc Annual Report 2022
Interested in joining the Schizy Inc. committee?
Schizy Inc loves to hear from creative people with lived experience of ongoing mental health realities, to join the fabulous Schizy Inc. committee.
Committee members have the opportunity to learn skills in project and event management, improve lived experience advocacy in society and belong to a fantastic innovative arts culture.
Membership requires some commitment. Agendas are distributed prior to each meeting and often require a little bit of reading on the internet. Regular meetings are held in central Melbourne or over Zoom which requires regular attendance or communication.
Guidelines for applicants:
- meetings held once every 2-3 months, usually a Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon
- venue is accessible and near train/tram in central Melbourne and on ZOOM.
- voluntary (unpaid). However, expenses incurred in the course of a project can be reimbursed (upon committee approval and bank balance).
- lived experience of a mental health condition.
- members pay a $2 membership fee (as per Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (the Act))
- membership will lapse if there's a lack of active communication from the member over a set period.
- members need to be able to engage in Schizy Inc. activity: i.e. discussion, advocacy, promotion, event/project management and/or policy around mental health reclamation and the arts.
- Schizy Inc. is all about the arts and advocacy, but we also have a lot of fun. Members need to be at a personal level of mental health well-being (respecting the episodic nature of conditions).
- membership is not limited to people with schizophrenia.
- members need to actively practice a high level of diverse-perspective tolerance.
- sense of humour welcome
If this sounds like your thing, please get in touch. Be sure to include a bit of a background on your experience in the arts and why you'd like to become a Schizy Inc. member.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US VIA CONTACT PAGE.