Are you interested in joining the Schizy Inc. committee?
Schizy Inc loves to hear from creatives, advocates and allies, with lived experience of mental health reclamation, to join the fabulous Schizy Inc. committee.
Committee members have the opportunity to learn skills in project and event management, improve lived experience advocacy in society and belong to a fantastic innovative arts culture.
Membership requires some commitment. Agendas are distributed prior to each meeting and often require a little bit of reading on the internet. Regular meetings are held in central Melbourne which requires regular attendance or communication.
Guidelines for applicants:
- meetings usually held on a Tuesday at 1pm - 3pm.
- venue is accessible and near train/tram in central Melbourne.
- members are not paid. However, higher expenses incurred in the course of a project may be reimbursed (upon committee approval and bank balance).
- lived experience of a mental health reality is preferred, however allies are welcome to join the committee provided lived experience agency is upheld.
- members pay a $2 membership fee (as per Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (the Act))
- membership will lapse if there's a lack of active communication from the member over a set period.
- members need to be able to engage in Schizy Inc. activity: i.e. discussion, advocacy, promotion, event/project management and/or policy around mental health reclamation and the arts.
- Schizy Inc. is all about the arts and advocacy, but we also have a lot of fun. Members need to be at a personal level of mental health well-being (respecting the episodic nature of conditions).
- membership is not limited to people with schizophrenia.
- members need to actively practice a high level of diverse-perspective tolerance.
If this sounds like your thing, please get in touch. Be sure to include a bit of a background on your experience in the arts and why you'd like to become a Schizy Inc. member.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US VIA CONTACT PAGE.